Launch of a new security monitoring service in the U.S.
“The successful introduction of the new service in the U.S. market led to a significant sales increase”
After a successful launch in the Dutch market, cybersecurity expert Fox-IT, part of NCC Group, saw opportunities to introduce the new digital footprint monitoring service in the United States. Fox-IT approached Beyond Products (via Typ Recruitment) to support with this channel development challenge. We prepared the product for the U.S. market with an internal project team. We ensured a successful product launch with a well-thought, go-to-market strategy, ABM approach, and sales enablement programme.
The new monitoring service uses AI to check the organization’s online digital footprint, such as leaked passwords, email addresses, documents, and code. This type of data can be used in hacks or could potentially harm your organization’s reputation.
The service is ideal for organizing better intel, a higher level of security, legal purposes, and for due diligence investigations on acquisitions.
Phase 1 involved the go-to-market strategy, intending to scale up to the US. We assessed the market and tested the proposition to define the right positioning and messaging.
In phase 2 we prepared the service operationally for growth, including optimizing the customer journey with new processes and roles. We also optimized the service in other areas, including dark web monitoring, other sources and new pricing models.
Essential components of our approach included:
- Interviews stakeholders, including sales directors and customers.
- Development of sales collateral, toolbox and pricing strategies.
- Determination of content and messaging based on market research, A/B testing, and customer interviews.
- Establishment of local marketing campaigns.
- Organize of an online training for the 60 US sales managers and set up of a train-the-trainer model.
- A significant increase in sales.
- Acquisition of new clients from a variety of industries: from big tech to banks and law firms.
- An independently operating sales channel.
- A further optimized product, with a focus on international expansion.
“The opportunity to launch our service in the U.S. came at a time when we were still developing the Dutch market. Thanks to Beyond Products’ clear, structured approach and hands-on support, the launch was a success. In doing so, we were always able to give sufficient attention to existing customers and the Dutch market as well.“
– Alexander Kleyn van Willigen, Product Manager Fox-IT
Did you know that 70% to 95% of new product launches fail? Research shows that this is partly due to insufficient understanding of the target audience. In terms of preparation and coordination with sales staff and other stakeholders, many product launches also have room for improvement.
Through effective product marketing, Beyond Products’ makes the difference. We look at your idea, product, and/or requirements with a strategic and commercial perspective. Then, with our sharp marketing and sales skills, as well as hands-on approach, we ensure the successful launch of your product.